- This event has passed.
Personal Protective Equipment
October 20, 2015 @ 12:30 am - 3:30 pm$175
This 3-hour course is designed to provide attendees with information regarding the selection, maintenance, and use of PPE in the workplace. Hazards exist in every workplace, in many different forms. This course will provide information on how to identify these workplace hazards. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.132 requires that employers shall assess each workplace to determine what hazards may be present. In addition, OSHA requires employers to provide training to each employee who must use PPE. The training must cover: situations in which PPE is necessary; required PPE products; properly putting on, taking off, adjusting, and wearing PPE; limitations of PPE; and the proper care, maintenance, useful life, and disposal of PPE.
The course presents the following topical areas:
- OSHA regulations and industry standards relevant to the PPE specified by the employer for use in the workplace.
- Understanding the job task hazard analysis and determining the need for PPE.
- Methods to determine and select appropriate PPE.
- Understanding and addressing manufacturer specifications for use, limitations, and maintenance of the designated PPE.
- Enforcement of the PPE use requirements in the workplace
- Employee and employer responsibilities regarding PPE.
- PPE inspections and program audits, frequency, and compliance issues.
- Recordkeeping and confidential medical information requirements.