- This event has passed.
NFPA 70E & OSHA Workshop – 1 Day Training October 24, 2016
October 24, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm$350
August 15th, 8:00AM-4:30PM
Northeast New York Safety and Health Council
45 Colvin Ave
Albany, NY 12206
Tuition: $350.00 – Lunch is included
This course is intended for individuals who face a risk of electrical hazards and need to understand the electrical hazards present in their work environment; however, this course is also designed for those who need to answer questions on the direction of current safety programs and how to incorporate new requirements into their safety policies and procedures, as well as equipment labeling.
Eight-hour class led by Dean Vanasse, an industry expert with 30 years in the ﬁeld.
Course covers practical application of OSHA and NFPA 70E workplace safety requirements for “Qualiﬁed Workers” This class meets most of the requirements of training as deﬁned in NFPA 70E, Chapter 1, Article 110.2 and OSHA 1910.332
- Hazards of Electricity-Shock & Arc Flash/Blast Proper selection, use & care of PPE
- Electrical safety principles and safety controls Classifications of NFPA 70E Tables
- Hazard prevention and Site evaluation Review of OSHA subpart S
- Electrical safety and approach boundaries for Effects of Arc Flash & Arc Blast qualified and unqualified employees
- NFPA 70E 2015 Overview of Annexes
- Overview of Arc Flash Boundary Compliance requirements and mitigation
- Calculations techniques
- Selecting Arc ﬂash PPE based on incident energy
Course includes a Certiﬁcate of Completion for those who successfully complete the course & exam. 2015 NFPA 70E Standard Books are available in class or prior to class for $65 each.
Register through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (518) 860-1758