Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Officer Training
January 14, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$205
This program is designed to provide attendees with an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Administration’s and the State Education Department’s requirements for laboratory chemical hygiene. The requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1450 will be discussed, as well as the implementation of a chemical hygiene program.
Topics will include:
- A review of laboratory hazards
- A review of the regulations and duties of a Chemical Hygiene Officer
- Chemical use, storage, personal protective equipment
- Written programming, inventories and disposal requirements
- Student safety contracts
- Challenges of program implementation
- A review of updated OSHA guidance on safe operations and roles of chemical hygiene officers and others in laboratories
Who should attend?
- School Safety and Health Designees
- Chemical Hygiene Officers
- Science Department Chairpersons
- Science Department Curriculum Coordinators.